Not Ashamed ><>

Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Poor Car

Well, my poor car has been out of commission for 2 months... one of those things I just haven't felt the urge to blog about. To make a long story short, due to an injured left ankle, I accidentally let the clutch out faster than I intended... causing massive wheelspin thanks to wet pavement... causing a broken CV axle. Could have been worse... we were worried the clutch had gone out. For those of you who know nothing about cars, it's a LOT less work to replace an axle than it is to replace the clutch.

So now I finally have all the parts needed to fix it (had to order various little bits from Honda)... and I'm going to do a couple of other things while I'm at it. That's what I'll be doing for the next couple of days. I had been borrowing Tanya's car while she was out of the country (thanks!), but she has reclaimed it now so I really need to get my car roadworthy again. I also need to say thanks to Michael Watson ... due to his expertise (and hands), this has been a lot easier than it would have been if I had to try to figure it all out on my own.

The above picture shows off our cluttered garage ... you can check out more photos here: Project Annabelle. Yes, I named my car Annabelle. Apparently it means grace and beauty. Since I think my car is both graceful AND beautiful, I thought it fit well. (Yes, Marti... I know I'm a dork.)

3 Comments:

  • I can't say you have a roller-skate for a car anymore since mine's only slightly bigger... but as long as I own the Blazer, I can say my car could crush your car! Then again... my Blazer probably wouldn't start, so nevermind.

    By Blogger Chad Gardner, at 6:00 AM  

  • another update so soon? I'm very impressed! and yes please fix your car so I don't have to tote you around. It's so hard to pick up guys with your husband and kids in the car! ;)

    By Blogger MartiMichelle, at 11:21 AM  

  • Thanks Marti for advising that Matt finally got around to updating. Matt, keep up the great work and sorry to hear that the War Machine has been out of commission. Maybe it is time to let her go. You saw my black car. Sometimes you have to set them free.

    By Blogger Krista, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home